Premier Fine Art & Antiques Auction
August 29, 2023
Below is just a small portion of the massive selection of high quality art & antiques to be featured in our upcoming August 29th 2023 auction! This auction will span multiple genres of collectibles, including Fine Paintings & Art, Jewelry & Silver, Orientalia, Rare Glass & Lamps, Early & Victorian Furniture, Decoys, Carvings, Coin-Op, & MORE!
R.J. HORNER 10-PIECE CARVED MAHOGANY DINING ROOM SUITE
Comprised of a china cabinet, sideboard, server, banquet table and 6 chairs.
1) A bow sided, flat front china cabinet with winged cherub crest centering a shield cartouche and flanked by ornate scrolling vinery. The case with center flat glass panel door and bowed glass sides. The pilasters with fully carved naked women with draped tunic at the waist above square tapered engraved column pilasters. The interior with mirror back and four plate glass shelves. The case with stepped and molded plinth raised on S-scrolled carved feet. SIZE: Overall 81″ h x approx. 59″ w x 23″ d.
2) A mirror back sideboard carved with full figure female nudes, seated cherubs, fanciful sea dragons with riders and wolf heads. The carved crest is identical to that of the china cabinet and server. The crest mounted above an open shelf supported by nude female figures adorned with a floral garland at the waist within an S-scrolled pedestal. The case with leaf carved molded edge at the top above two aligned drawers with wolf’s head pulls amongst scrolling vinery above a pair of cabinet doors; each carved with a fanciful underwater scene of a sea dragon with a cherub-like rider with trident framed by cartouches and leaf tips. A full body female nude above an engraved square, tapered column comprises the corner pilasters on a molded plinth raised on S-scrolled carved feet. SIZE: 81″ h x 67″ l x 27″ d.
3) A server with matching crest, the top with molded leaf tip edge above a long drawer with wolf’s head pull amongst scrolling vinery supported by two figural freestanding supports carved with nude female figures with draped tunic at the waist. The rear of the case is supported by a solid mahogany panel. All joined to an open display shelf with molded apron raised on S-scrolled carved feet. SIZE: 56″ h x 47″ w x 21 1/2″ d.
4) An oval mahogany banquet table with molded edge raised on four legs each carved with the torso of a naked woman with draped tunic on a square column with molded base on castors. The female figures match those on items 1-3 listed above. SIZE: 29″ h x approx. 141″ l x 60″ w.
5) Set of 6 matching carved side chairs, each with crest featuring two cherubs and shield carving. The chairs have pastel blue upholstery, each having slip seats.